Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Boarders and Bindings Oh My!!!


















Hi my quilt peeps! I know that we all have been busy getting these projects finish as well as all who are going to quilt market. For those who are going to Quilt Market and Quilt Festival, safe travels and enjoy. Please post pics as for those who aren't able to go would love to see all the new and exciting things for the up coming season.

For this months challenge we were to do some king of border and binding technique'. I also added medallions to this project using Leah Day's Medallions. These were featured in this months Quilty Box. Click the link below and check this out. 
                                                        

                                                               Quilty Box

 How neat are these:


I used her medallions as corner stones as part of the border. How awesome these look and how blessed was I do get my favorite color... The block for this quilt is 3D and called Fabric Origami. And when I say it was easy to do, that is an understatement...

I got the cream colored background fabric and this luscious maroon fabric... As you can see I alternated the block to add dimension.



 So for the first border I used Blue Moon Strip pack. I just love all the beautiful designs in the package.

The outer border uses yardage from the same line. I love this fabric... I think I may have to ge me some more of this line... OOOH La La!!!

 I finished the binding by adding prairie points to part of the border then the remaining binding is made in the traditional manner


                   
The quilting I did very simply as I didn't want to take away from the dimension of the 3D block... I hope you have enjoyed this post. #iloveislandbatikfabric #ilovequilting #fabricoragami #bordersandbindings





Post a Comment