Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Friday, July 7, 2017

When Life Throws You Lemons You Create Curves


Life for this project threw me many curves, that suddenly turned into lemons. Some of my fellow Ambassadors knew my Jazzy Janome had to get repaired and it took much longer than I ever thought. But low and behold Jazzy is up running and working just Marvelous!!!! 


My fabric choice for this project was from Rise and Shine

And I had a blast to finally make this wall hanging.

 What in the world would come of all this fabric that has been fused.

 I used Sue Peland's Leaves Galore Ruler to make my curvy strips


It makes the best curvy strips...


 So then I wanted to make a center piece for my project, so I fused a sun on top of those curvy strips.

 Then came quilting... This was the most tedious because This was when Jazy broke down and needed the timing fixed. Ugh!!! I hate when that happens... However you can see I got this quilted and this bad boy up!!!


 I tried to quilt many designs. And wanted to mimic the curved strips around the sun of my curvy raise. 


Made a few feathers and ribbons. 

 I love how the red binding looks on this.

 But most of all I love how this spool of Wonder Fill from my friend Debby Brown from Debby Brown Quilts makes this quilt pop. I got this thread from her last November when I went to the Pinwheels Quilt show in western Mass. Debby is a Handi Quilter educator and is loaded with great ideas. Thank you Debby for my thread. It worked perfectly for this project...

Post a Comment