Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Tis' the Season for Giving

Good Evening Ambassadors and Happy New Years Eve!!!

Welcome to Tis The Season for Giving


This months project is based on giving to a charity. I have many I am involved in however I have one particular charity I would like to chat about this month.

This month I am donating my project which is a quilt and I am sad to say it is going on the frame Tuesday and will be done Tuesday, because I have been working mad crazy hours. The charity I am giving to is home based. I help out from time to time at the oncology department at my local hospital that helped me out when I was going through breast cancer... 

So here it goes. I had a pile of 10" x 10" squares from the "Dotalicious" Fabric... I love this fabric. they are colors that I love working with and I enjoyed working with it...


See how yummy this all looks... I decided to make a crap ton of Half Inch Triangles...


So I cam up with this. However I needed some background fabric to tie in so I used and yes I admit I used some of my French Roasted. And yes I will say I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup those are my toes at the bottom of the quilt... So this quilt that is going on my bosses long arm on Tuesday so I can play with her Handi Quilter Avante' so I can make the quilting out of this world. And then add the binding while it is on the frame so then I can bring right to the oncology department the next day... 
So with that said I want to wish all of you who read my blog a Happy and Healthy 2017... Be safe and I hope to see those do connect with soon. 

Post a Comment