Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Bountiful Table Runner


Good Morning Quilters I am happy to announce this month's project. As part of being an ambassador with Island Batik Fabric we are given some of the most luscious fabric from some of the best lines this company has. This month I chose fabrics from the first box of goodies we received earlier this year and decided I would do a table runner from my fellow ambassadors book by Suzy Webster. All I can say is that I was so thrilled to be able to get my hands on a copy of this beauty. 


So as I perused this book, I saw exactly what I wanted to do. I chose Block number twelve and her table runner called:  Jeweled. Visit Suzy's website at  Adventurous Applique and Quilting

I decided to use French Roasted Fabric for my background and a variety of fabrics from box # 1 for 
the colors and applique...

  


 

 Suzy has made the directions for this quilt so super easy to follow and the main part was very easy...

So with that said here is the first part of the runner and the image below shows the center added...


  Here is the beginning of the applique' I did when I finally took time to sew with my friends today.

And this is the top all appliqued and now all that has to be done is the quilting:


So what shall I do for quilting, I am stumped as I do not want to copy what Suzy Webster has done on her table runner... If you like what you see and have a suggestion of what to do for quilting, give me a comment, PLEASE!!! I am for the first time stumped beyond belief...










Post a Comment