Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Friday, August 26, 2016

Island Batik Seaside Summer Blog Hop


Why are we just Spoolin' Around!!! Island Batik couldn't have described this line any better:



Grab those buttons and threads and get ready to get silly with the Spoolin’ Around collection by Kathy Engle! Mocha browns, bubblegum pinks and peony purples are only the beginning. There are soda pop bubbly greens and spinning button teal blues just waiting to be paired with a yarn filled macaroon cream or even a swirled watermelon red. You’ll be tied up before you know it with all the possibilities this collection has to offer




Here is the sample of fabric I received in my box and I can't get over how luscious this line really is.
My project for this blog hop is a sewing machine cover for my newly acquired Bernina Activa 131. 


I never made a cover before so I thought I would give this a try. The colors surprisingly are coordinated with a sewing machine mat I am making to go with the cover. Stay tuned for photos in a future post.

The side sewn to the top.



So I took strips of fabric, batting, and a piece of fabric for the back or the inside part of the cover and quilted as I go. I don't have a pattern for this as I kind of made it as I sewed. But I do hope you all like it... 


The side with the cord.


The front of cover.


And as an Endorsed Designer with Sulky Thread this project was sewn with 30 weight Cotton Cream colored thread. And the binding was sewn with 40 weight Polylite thread. 
I just love being an Ambassador with Island Batik and an Endorsed Designer with Sulky, because I get to share my projects that I make using product these two companies send me... 


And with as hot as it has been here in Massachusetts I thought I would share my all natural salsa recipe.

This recipe is all natural because it has no preservatives and I can it. twice a year my sister and I get together to can tomato sauce, dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, apple sauce and salsa.

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

A huge basket of plum tomatoes
cilantro
jalepino peppers
corn 
black beans
limes
And then you will need the stuff like mason jars and a canning kit to can jars of this wonderful stuff. I do a ton of canning and enjoy doing this with my sister Cathy...
Now I hope you all enjoy the remaining blogs:


Friday Aug. 26 Spoolin' Around

Monday Aug 29 - Tide Pools

Tuesday Aug 30 - Wind and Sea

Wednesday Aug 31 - Spring Zing

Thursday Sep 1 - Splash

Friday Sept 2 - Landscapes

Until next month when you see another great Island Batik post. Keep smiling and Keep Quilting from Sally's Quilting Corner






Post a Comment