Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Christmas In July with Island Batik





Hi ambassadors and quilters, it is wonderful to be back in the swing of things this month. I missed participating last month and I was incredibly lucky to hear from all of my fellow ambassadors. This month's Island Batik Challenge is Christmas in July. I want to begin by saying how wonderful it feels, as hot as it has been in the northeast to sew and machine quilt this project.
I decided to go through my stash that we had and that were labeled "share in July"
I looked through my stash and decided to do a table topper with Christmas Bells and Holly leaves.


 Picking Stash for the project...
 Laying out the design.
 Fusing, applique, and quilting the table topper.
 Sewing of the binding.
 Finishing touches for the binding with some hand work.
 Table Topper without the candle...
Winter candle display on the table topper.


I hope you all enjoy this months project and feel free to view posts from my other Ambassadors:

Vicki's Crafts and Quilting

Post a Comment