Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Just a Little Tip Toe Through Tulips


May's Challenge for the Island Batik Ambassadors was Playful Paper Piecing.  We had so many ideas that we could have designed from.  I decided to do a foundation paper piecing project, though I might embellish my project for a bit of fun. I decided on creating a mug rug, which is a fitting because I drink a ton of coffee and do use mug rugs. However with this project I had some all natural iced tea.

I am pretty happy at how this came out considering I just had surgery a week ago today. The fact I can even sit at a sewing machine after double meniscus repair surgery is wild and I am thrilled I was able to complete this...

This project was named Playful Paper Piecing so who can't have fun playing with shoes.


The fabric I chose for this project just screamed pumps. A shoe I haven't even thought to wear for close to thirty years. But I saw this and just had to make...



Check out the other blogs from other Ambassadors and check out what they have to share.



Post a Comment