Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Friday, April 29, 2016

Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head



So Rain drops keep falling on my head!, and April Showers do bring May flowers, whether some believe it or not... As some of you know I have had a trying and emotional few weeks. saying good bye to my youngest who joined the military. He is doing awesome and I could be more proud. I have been working like a dog on my business and trying to keep up with oh so many projects... With that said, I am torn as whether or not to zig zag  the edges or to put ric rack. But for now I would like to  share my April Showers Quilt with my fellow Ambassadors. I fittingly enough call this project "Rain Drops Keep Falling on my Head" With the amazing colors that were provided to me I start off with the vibrant blue sky, the brilliantly glowing orange in the sun, The simplicity of the colors in the flowers, and the fact that the umbrella not only symbolizes the how many of you in this elitist group have covered me with the utmost of support. More so than others as I do have a truly tremendous friend here, and she knows who she is... Truth be told I couldn't have done as much with my business without her.

The little dude below is a sad ghost who like many of us hate to be rained on, and wouldn't want any of us to have anything to rain on our parade. I do hope all of you like this project and I want to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy May Day this coming Sunday. I will be hanging with my oldest who will turn 23 on Sunday

#islandbatik #aprilshowers #applique #quilting 








Post a Comment