Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Day 6 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge



Good Morning Everyone,

I must say I have no guilt in the fact that I missed the 5th day of this challenge. And I missed it for excellent reasons. Yesterday I hit a milestone in my life... I turned the Big 50 yes you read this right I turned 50 years young yesterday... Life has been for the most part not to bad for me in this the first half of what I call a wonderful life. I of course hit many struggles along the way and yes my favorite quote for 2016 is "The Struggle is Real"! And it is very real... Among all the bullying the harassment
I have endured I have come very far in  life. I have let negativity and toxicity leave my life. I simply have no room for it anymore.  

So with all of that said I will share with you the best Birthday ever.... Yesterday December 5th 2015 was I day I shall remember for a very long time. I came up to see a friend of mine and my husbands for the weekend. Dinner Friday and we had a great time laughing and joking... Of course since they knew I was turning 50 they all got their digs in and ribbed me about being "Over the Hill", Crotchety, Gimpy, Old Lady and my favorite from my husband "Old Coldie" is usually is go to line... 

So now that, all if that ended my rule to them was to be kind on the actual birthday... No joking or Ribbing allowed. However, husbands usually don't follow direction well. I got my hair cut with a totally new and different style. Pictures will follow soon... Then of course I needed the sacrificial highlighting done to cover the gray, and there was quite a bit of it...
then we did some shopping and I found a great coat at Chic to Chic a consignment shop near my friends house... I got a jacket from Banana Republic and I loved it... Typically it would probably got for over "150-" for that store. Well I got it for $25.00. Super cute and fantastic price. Plus I found the best little Vera Bradley bag for my sewing notions when I travel.. $10- again a fantastic deal... Lunch at Longhorn Steak House was yummy and then back to the house for a relaxing evening... Played a game watched TV and and then decided it was time for pizza and some cake. All in all a fabulous birthday... 

I have top thank my husband for being the best that he is, as he was part of making my milestone birthday a great day... My friend Christina for planning the day and she pegged it right... She is a really good friend and I am thrilled she is going to be around in my second part of my life... Thanks Christina for making my special day Super for me...

Well with all of that said I want to thank everyone on Facebook, all 179+ who posted on my wall with all the great Birthday wishes... I never realized everyone liked me so much... 

Hope all of you enjoy the day and as always:

Stay Happy and Keep Quilting.
Post a Comment