Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Little Touch of Modern for the Table

     Hello there my quilty peeps. I sure hope the summer has treated you very well I have been very busy at work designing another treat for all of you with hopes to have it for sale very soon. I took a Layer Cake of Pat Sloan's Bobbins and Bits Batiks and Kona White and used  Aurifil Thread Mako Cotton No. 2024, Aurifil No.2810, and Aurifil  No. 4150 and created a table topper for my Pub Table. The pattern is quite easy to achieve, and is very versatile. This table topper functions in two ways.

     First the center block is removable and can be used as a hot pad for hot items. See pics below. Second the topper can be used as a table cover  and pace mat so maybe it has three functions to it.

   So lets check things out here it is as a table cover with and without the center:



With the center hot pad


Without the center hot pad

Now if you like that you may like this: Here it is with a full set up to make the table
look finished:
 
When I said this table topper had multiple functions I really meant it.  The center being removed makes it possible to place a glass on the table without the cup or glass sitting on bulk from the seams. The center can be used as a hot pad on an island of buffet:
 
You can even dress up the table very nicely with a simple candle:
 


So as you can see even the simplest of projects can be made into a sense of modern style. Thank you Pat for creating such beautiful fabric.


As always keep smiling and stay sewing!!!


 
 

 
 

Post a Comment