Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Monday, October 7, 2013

My Idea of the Day

Have you ever wanted to make a quilt but you just wanted to make something that went quick and go easy... I thought of an idea to make a quilt and I thought I would quilt it without doing traditional tying or sewing of fancy designs. So what do you think? Do you think I have sparked your interest? Have you an idea of what you think I will make?

Now with this said, I am hoping I have sparked the curiosity of my fellow quilters curiosity... Do you think I will use yardage of fabric? Do you think I will make strips? Or will I be doing a quilt as you go quilt? You tell me. I am usually one to give you a hint, but if you know me and how my very blonde mind works you will know that there is many avenues I could turn down to in order to get this quilt done.

So I decided to go into the studio early early this morning and hunt down some fabric for this project. Note to self make sure you are wide wake so when you enter the room the light is on and you don't walk into the wall with your very much needed cup of coffee... Just sayin' that would have helped a bit...

Now with that obstacle out of the way I am in the room standing there staring at the glorious amount of fabric I have. Again just for clarity "NO ONE CAN HAVE ENOUGH FABRIC!" I see exactly what I wan to use for this project. Now tell me these two colors aren't perfect. Plus the scream SALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 
So now that you know what fabric I will use all you have to do is guess what I am doing with it...




Post a Comment