Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

YPD 5K Race

I had the best opportunity in the world tonight. I was at the committee meeting for the YPD 5K Race happening on Sunday, May 19th at the Skipper Restaurant on South Shore Dr. in South Yarmouth. Yarmouth Police Relief Association and the Yar...mouth Police Department will be hosting their 6th annual YPD Blue 5K - Run for a reason as a healthy fundraiser to honor and remember those who make a difference in our community during National Police Week, which recognizes the service and sacrifice of US Law Enforcement officers with special recognition this year to all the first responders who took back the streets of Boston after the horrific terrorist attack on the Boston Marathon on Monday, April 15, 2013 as well as the children staff parents of the Sandy Hook Elementary School and the citizens of Newton, CT after the attack on their community that occurred December 14, 2012.

Special Guests this year at the run will be Neil Heslin devoted parent to his son Jesse Lewis who was murdered and at Sandy Hook Elementary School and Carlos Arredondo the heroic Gold Star Parent who helped rescue the wounded and saved lives during the attack in Boston.

A special quilt shown below was created by myself and quilters from across the US for the new Sandy Hook Elementary School. Constructed of 26 angels that will protect all of us from the evils that lie amongst us...



Post a Comment