Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Monday, May 20, 2013

Police Gather for Emotional Run in Yarmouth

I had the best opportunity to be involved with a great event.  The Yarmouth Police host a yearly 5k run each year to support local charities. This year they honored first responder and former Marine : Carlos Arrendondo who responded to help those injured during this years Boston Marathon bombings, Jennifer Collier sister of slain officer Sean Collier shot by one of the suspects, and Neil Heslin father of Jesse Lewis who was brutally murdered at Sandy Hook on December 14, 2012 in Newtown, CT.

I  wish for you all to go back and remember back in December when this tragedy hit. I felt a thud in my stomach as I have emotional ties to this area. When I reached out to my twitter and Facebook community of friends I asked if anyone who was willing to help please send me a 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" block of and angel. the response was awesome.

I am reminded of when I reached out to these group of women and one person in particular sticks out in my mind Tiffiny from SmilieMommy was the one person who helped me keep my cool through this entire process. I had the pleasure of 7 other women who can to the call to help me with this very intense project. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of them for making this project such a huge success...

 
This was presented yesterday at the Yarmouth Police Department 5K and give to Neil Heslin who was taking it with him to his next stop to speak to legislators about new gun laws. How wonderful is it that he may share this around the country. Stay tuned for any updates that come my way, as I will be chatting with Neil in June. Hopefully the quilt will be hung and I will be able to get a picture of where it hangs in the school...





Post a Comment