Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It Never Gets Old

Good Morning quilters I did it again and it truly never gets old. In this months Quilters Newsletter I got a essay published. Yup I said it I was published again!!!! I was chosen through hundreds of entries for an essay topic called "300 words" A section of the magazine that comes out and people submit essays about quilting. I am so thrilled to be part of many who have been published in this magazine. A magazine that has been around since before I was born. There was a question awhile back  on twitter that asked what is the oldest issue you have of QNL, well I can say honestly I have one from the 70's and I know that this magazine was around in the 60's. So if that doesn't say anything about how awesome this magazine is I don't know what does. So if you get this magazine check out page 26 I have the first essay. Maybe I can get a quilt published in this magazine sometime, well at least that is my hope, whether it happens is something we all must wait for.
 

This has been an absolute honor and I feel I am slowly on my way to what I want to accomplish in life. That is to design, be published with my designs, and to teach and give lectures on my work... I am thrilled to be able to be part of a group of people in this country who have the talent to show their art and be recognized for it...
 

Post a Comment