Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What fun I had in New Hamshire at MQX East

Last week I had the greatest opportunity to be able to go to MQX East in Manchester New Hampshire and OMG!!! What a time I had... I took three classes while I was there and I learned so much. All of them were fantastic. One of them I took was with one of the judges who was involved with judging my quilt. Scott Murkin who taught Basics to Domestic Machine Quilting. He taught me a ton of stuff in that class and then showed me the do's and don'ts of how I could better myself in my entries. I scored 74 of 100 points. Not too bad for my very first time entering a quilt in a national show... Though criticism can be hard I took this conversation with Scott as a learning experience and enjoyed out conversation.

I also had the opportunity to volunteer at the show and had a blast doing so... And the founder Janet Lee Greer Santeusanio welcomed me with open arms. She spoke with me as if I had been part of the group forever... One of the nicest people I met...

I felt as if when I were there people treated me like I truly belonged... I met two people from twitter so I can now cross those beautiful peeps off my to meet list... One of them is now a new found friend who wants to get together and sew, and how awesome is this she is only about an hour away from my house. Easy peasy... I can handle that... 

I took some photo's of other quilts as well and the eye candy at the expo was so hard to resist. But we all know as quilters that you can't resist every piece of eye candy... I got a few items... one of which will be here by Mothers Day! Yeah ME!!! here that pic...

This will be used on my Viking 1070 Sewing Machine that I use for piecing... I can hardly wait to have it arrive in the mail... UPS Gotta love my men in brown...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Post a Comment