Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Red Cross Charity quilt for Silent Auction

Well gang the quilt top is done and all ready to be sandwiched and quilted. It will be done in plenty of time for Red Cross event in April. This quilt is going to be one of the items offered in a silent auction early in April to help raise money for the Cape and Islands Chapter of the American Red Cross.  Remember Red Cross operates on the donated dollar and every penny helps out especially when we open shelters, assist families with fires or natural disasters occur Red Cross is there with open arms to help you out. During our latest blizzard here in the northeast we serviced more than 500 clients over 5 days in one of three of our shelters opened on the Cape... That was a lot of time we all volunteered and I am proud to be part of a great group of people...

I sure hope we get some great bids in this. Leave me
your thoughts and tell me what you like about it. I soon will have this and other patterns for sale in my blog shop beginning at the end of March...

My next task is to quilt this and how to quilt it... I like to add feathers and swirls and stippling. And on, and on and on I go... If you have ideas share I would love to hear from all of you...

Post a Comment