Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Class at JoAnn's

Last night I had the pleasure of teaching a group of women at Jo Ann Fabric's how to make a piece a quilt block. Not sure what this block is called some call it Churn Dash and I thought it was more of a Shoo Fly block with strips added. Nonetheless, we had a great time loads of laughs and there blocks came out great. Here are the pics.



This block is what I was teaching the girls to piece.
Here is the block student #1 did. I love her happy Easter fabric and color choices were great.
 
Student # 2 chose some very bright fun colors and the floral fabric made everything in the block pop.
No matter how good a block turns out, I have to say this is my favorite block of the bunch because I think her color choices are so me ...
 
Student #3 made this block with sweet soft pastel purples and
it fits her personality. She is a sweet quiet girl who has a definite hidden talent.
 
 
 
Student #4 made this block and I love this fabric choice. Totally fits my personality and style.
think her block came out wonderful. She was great to work with just as the others were.
The entire group made this experience a whole lot of fun.
 
 
Student # 5 was the laugh of the party. She was smart funny and had the spunk
any teacher would want in her class.
Her block had the great fabric with geometric shape and bold colors that made
everything here pop.
 
 
So with that said I have to say for my first class I couldn't have ask for a better bunch of people to teach. I sure hope I get the opportunity to meet this group of people again. Thank you gang for making this experience one of the best I could ever have.
 

Post a Comment