Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Thursday, January 31, 2013

I did it again!!!



Up gang I have been published for the second time and the third one isn't far off. More details later n that.

I had the honor of being involved in a Moda Design Challenge through Fat Quarterly Magazine. If you have a subscription, and you have seen the most recent issue you will see that on page 50 is where the Design Challenge Quilts start. I am so thrilled to share that  John Adams shared this opportunity with the quilting community. He is the best. So head on over to FatQuarterly.com and login with your username and password and check out the Flip Book a really great issue.

I received a beautiful Layer Cake and a Dessert Roll of Moda Fabric “French General La Bella Fleur“. This was one of the best line of fabric I have ever used and the pattern went super quick.

So when it came time to create a design I went to my sketch pad and used a design I had used a while back, changed up a few things such as the title, and moved forward with making the lap quilt.

 Quilt Front
  Quilt Back
 
 Close-up of Quilting
 
Ryan Walsh from RyanWalshQuilts said it best "it never gets old when you see your name in print... Again I want to thank John Adams from QuiltDad and Ryan Walsh for giving me the encouragement to continue in this field...
 
I hardly can wait to do another challenge it was a ton of fun...
 
 
 
 
Post a Comment