Friday, November 16, 2012
My friends I would like to share with you something that
came in my email today. I received a lovely email from a magazine today that
would like to review my designs from EQ7 so that if I am even considered to be a designer for them they need to see if I am worthy or not.
I guess I should be elated with the thought that they would consider looking at my work.
So with that said I am asking my sewing and quilting friends for a wee bit of guidance. Tell me briefly what is was like to have someone asking to look at your work when you first started. Seriously I have only been doing this for three years and I have one simple block that was published and two quilt designs and patterns that until released I cannot share sorry :( !!!
So I am asking for your stories. Let me know what you did to get into the business of
designing, sewing, and ultimately being published. I would love to hear from you all.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
A few weeks ago Kristen from KD-Quilts
did a Chevron quilt along. I saw many of these quilts and love the pattern and was thrilled at how beautiful these quilts came out. So with that said I decided to cut some HST's and try my own little Chevron quilt. It isn't as impressive as the quilts I saw but I think it came out kind of cute. Tell me what you think I always love to see your comments and enjoy hearing from you all...
|On the table|
|Back side of trivet|
Can you see the zigzags?
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Hello gang it's official I have been graced with being published in the Winter 2012 issue of Generation Q Magazine. On page 13 of this issue I am one of the featured designers who submitted a design of a block based on a challenge to complete a block with lines already in the design. Here is what I came up with an boy am I thrilled to have been picked...
Monday, November 12, 2012
A few weeks ago I got a great gift in the mail. As I was already having not the best of days as many of us have them and for me they are far and few between I came home from my daily errands to find a lovely package at my door. This pillow cover that my twitter friend Jane Davidson aka quiltjane as we know her on twitter made for me,
Oh ya did I say it's from Australia, ya Australia. Well Jane made this for me and I was so thrilled.
I still have to find a pillow for it but I haven't gotten that far yet, when I do, you betcha it will be on my nick knack shelf in my quilt studio or I will use it as my support pillow on my chair for my back.
Leave it to Jane to support her friends.
I can honestly say I feel like one of the luckiest people on this earth to be associated even via Internet with some great people. Quilt Jane from http://www.quiltjane.blogspot.com is one of the ladies I have skyped with. It's just like meeting her in person. I have met SmilieMommy aka Tiffiny, and have had the pleasure of phone conversations with SpoolhardyGirl from http://www.spoolhardygirl.blogspot.com Miss Mary Miller. These people are just the Cats Meow. Another person I have met that is on face book and twitter is the absolutely wonderful Pat Sloan from http://blog.patsloan.com. I have been blessed to have taken her applique class twice and each time I learned something new. Her husband Greg is fantastic. Warm hearted, kind and very sweet. Especially when I was taking class off cape in Beverly,MA and my GPS died. he tried to help me however it did meet its maker and ened up in the dump.Nonethe less he was kind enough to come and help a damsel in destress... So when I say you can meet a lot of great people here and the people you meet at quilt shows and markets, there's no descibing how awesome it really is to be affliliated with all of these great people...
Sunday, November 11, 2012
I have great news to share with all of you out there. I wanted to teach what I knew about sewing and quilting, so I applied for a contracted position through Jo Ann Fabrics. I got the job. YEEHA!!!! I am now one of three teachers at the Hyannis, MA Joann's Fabrics that will be teaching Quilting 101 and Quilting 102. When I get my new schedule I will be sharing with all of you so that I can post here on facebook and twitter when and what I will be teaching... If you are interested in taking a class and you are around, go to Jo Ann Fabrics in Hyannis, MA and sign up for a class... I am stoked....
Thursday, November 1, 2012
November is National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month
Join the fight against pancreatic cancer and help us create awareness by sharing the following messaging on your social media platforms!
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING MESSAGES ON FACEBOOK
- November is National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month! Help create awareness now! Take action and support the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s Vision of Progress to double the pancreatic cancer survival rate by 2020! www.pancanvision.org
- Join me in the fight against pancreatic cancer. November is National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. Take action and support the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s Vision of Progress to double the pancreatic cancer survival rate by 2020! www.pancanvision.org
- Did you know that pancreatic cancer is the fourth leading cause of cancer death in the United States? November is National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. Take action and support the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s Vision of Progress to double the pancreatic cancer survival rate by 2020! www.pancanvision.org
- The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has a goal to change the pancreatic cancer survival rate by 2020! November is National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. Take action and support Vision of Progress 2020! www.pancanvision.org.
- Support National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month by adding a purple ribbon to your profile picture. Click here for details http://twb.ly/Rf67Nq
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING MESSAGES ON TWITTER
- November is Nat’l #PancreaticCancerAwareness Month! Take action today! www.pancanvision.org via @PanCAN
- November is Nat’l #PancreaticCancerAwareness Month! Join the fight! www.pancanvision.org via @PanCAN
- Did you know that pancreatic cancer is the 4th leading cause of cancer death in the U.S.? www.pancanvision.org via @PanCAN
- Did you know that pancreatic cancer has the lowest five year survival rate of all major cancers? www.pancanvision.org via @PanCAN
- November is National #PancreaticCancerAwareness Month! Get your purple ribbon via @PanCAN http://twb.ly/Rf67Nq