Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Monday, December 3, 2012

I've Been Published Again

 

 
Hello and Happy Holidays Everyone 
 
Hey Quilter's I have exciting news to share with you. I've been published again! Yes I did it again. Published is what I said... The pattern is featured in this months issue of
The Quilt Pattern Magazine".
My first quilt ever submitted is actually published in an online magazine.

The quilt is called Crossflower Boxes and I designed it on Quilt Design Wizard which is a simple yet less complicated program associated with EQ7.  The pattern has been classified as an "Intermediate" level and is loaded with the technique of using HST's (Half Square Triangles).
 
From start to finish I never thought I would ever get to this point in my life. It is very exciting and a tad overwhelming to see ones name in print. As one of my twitter friends said to me "Sally seeing your name in print never gets old".
 
Below are a few photos of this quilt from constructed to finished product. I do hope you enjoy the photos. Please share your thoughts with me I am dying to hear from all of you, and if you don't follow me here take a shot I would love to have you here...
 
Here's the block that inspired me to go forward with making this block into a quilt.
 
 
After seeing the different styles of blocks congregated together on my dining room table It was at this point
I wanted to submit this to a magazine.
 
 
The quilt top finished I contemplated what to do with quilting. So at that point since I didn't have any machine set up or the training to really WOW!!! readers of a magazine. I decided to call a friend. Gee does this sound like "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" I use the call a friend card without any hesitation. My quilting friend Lisa who owns a long arm quilt machine is the one who created the work of art with the quilting. She is so talented and I can never thank her enough for being there for me when I needed her. She totally made the quilting work on this.
So sorry the blurrieness doesn't help!
 
 
 
Here it is in its glory laying on the couch. It currently hangs in my bedroom as a wall hanging. I am tickled pink with how it turned out and now with the fact it has been published.
 
I would like to thank all the ladies at "The Quilt Pattern Magazine" for believing in me and for publishing my first ever submitted project. Really how many people do you know that submit their first works of art and something as exciting as this happens.
 
See mine name is in print:


 
As I end this very exciting post I want to wish everyone out there a happy and healthy holiday season!!!
 
 




 
Post a Comment