Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Another Word from the Redneck Quilter

So I have been a little lacks on writing this article primarily because I would rather be quilting... Go figure... Well truth be told I have been busy at work, working on doing a long over-due spring cleaning, and just plain wanted to chill out away from the computer.... Honestly I know this isn't a great excuse but I can honestly say I love a really clean house... Cabinets and closets washed and oragnized... Just a nice feeling...

So with all that said I think being a Redneck in the north is a way of life... Not necessarily rough, unruly or gross just a way of life that is a bit out of the ordinary...  I have done some other strange things that some would call "redneckish". I recently replace a few things in my bathroom. I took the old decrypted toilet and told my husband not to throw this away. He quickly asked what you plan on doing with this. I told him you'll see...  His eyes immediately rolled up into his head and said "Oh My God Woman what do you have up your sleeve...  Therefore, I told him to go play somewhere and I would call him when I was done. In addition, also told him “Don’t you dear peak“…


After about an hour or so, I called him outside and said, “So what do you think?” He looked and said Oh My God Woman what were you thinking? Who in there right mind would use a toilet for this purpose? Surprisingly so he looked more carefully and said, “It does look pretty”… What do you think?



 As you can see it isn't all that bad... I must confess I have changed the flowers out to Impatience because they are sturdier flowers... I then have another confession to make... I found through a friend of mine another great planter to add to the collection in y back yard... Again being a Redneck is a way of life... I was at a sewing group on a Saturday in July and was sitting with a friend of mine and telling her about my new garden planter... Showed her the photo and she said do I have a find for you... So as we were talking she mentioned to me that she had a Claw foot Bathtub in her back yard near her shed her dad had for sale on Craig's List... It hadn't sold. So of course I asked how much it was... Lo and behold it was $125.00... Yippee!!!!!!! for me what a find... I said sold the the girl in the Eggplant colored shirt... My husband will go absolutely nuts when he hears what I have done... Soon after that I got my tub and it sits in my backyard awaiting dirt and flowers... I am just having the best time ever... Soon I will be posting picture...

So being a Redneck is a way of life and it isn't totally crazy just different... I hope you enjoy this episode of the Redneck Quilter and if there is something you care to share please leave a comment and give me an idea I would love to feature you on my blog... All of you are so talented and I would love to hear from you... Let me know if you want to share your thoughts here...

Post a Comment