Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Friday, July 6, 2012

The Red Neck Quilter




Did you ever want to know what being redneck really is? Well I am about to share with you what some of the quirky things rednecks here in the north do… First, I am a nurse by trade, married with two teenage sons. One adopted and one biological. I have only quilted for about two years however, I have been sewing since I was about ten or eleven years old. I had always wanted to learn to quilt as a child but the opportunity never happened until I left my corporate healthcare job just over two years ago. Then I went and bought a quilt kit from Joanne Fabric’s I was with a friend of mine. It’s all her fault. She created a monster... Just the thought of cutting fabric and the sound of the sewing machine makes me feel so relaxed. Almost as if, it is a form of therapy. To think sewing is therapy and no medicine required. YEAH!!!   As soon as I started, I thought to myself, OMG! I just love how this is turning out… In addition, the more I did the more I wanted to continue and learn. I turned to another friend of mine and asked her advice of how I really should start. I think now she thinks she too created a monster… I cannot get enough… I soon joined a quilt guild she is involved with and now I am the Program Coordinator. Go figure… I often turn to one of my very best friends, yup, husband for loads of advice. He always shares his comments like many husbands would but in this case he was answering in a very supportive kind of way. He always has the same answer for me when I go to him for any advice sure if you want to... Very predictable... So with this said I forged ahead into the world of quilting...

I will be sharing with all of you on a weekly basis the things a "Redneck Quilter may do. I will also be showing some photo's. I also invite you to make comments so I can see what all of you think and share with everyone else. Feel free to share ideas and follow blog...
Post a Comment