Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Swoon Quilt


So with it being the second day of spring, my goal on my day off from work was to do laundry and to sew. Well I guess I did. I promptly woke up at the god awful hour of 7a.m. and made coffee. So much for getting home at 1 a.m. and sleeping in a bit, HA! Anyway I clearly had priorities to follow, coffee was the first thing as I do not function well at all without it. Then I did the mom thing and made sure the boys did their thing for school or work, put laundry in and then without even thinking of anything or anyone else I sat at my machine and started to work on the rest of this Swoon Quilt... I can honestly say with a straight face the quilt top is done!!!!!!! The one challenge I had with this quilt was the cutting. It took forever to cut all the pieces. I however have the OCD factor in me where I have to label absolutely everything. So with that said and done I finally got to sewing. This quilt top took me two months to do because I was having to take things apart and resew, then step away due to frustration... I clearly gave in and completed this... Let me know what you think...

© 2012 Sally Johnson @ sallysquiltingcorner.blogspot.com

Post a Comment