Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Flying Nine Patch

Hi gang, I thought I would share with you the block design I will be using for my next project. I get daily an email for Block of the day from Quilt Pro Systems. They send me some great stuff. So let me know what you think of this block. I love to share what I get... So it now Monday the 21st of November and I thought I would take a wack at this block. Let me know what you think...


First you take 1- 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" wide strip
Cut 4 triangles from it.

Then take 1 piece of lighter fabric 3 7/8" x 7 3/4"  strip and cut 2 squares (3 x 7/8"  by 3" 7/8")then make 4 triangles from two square.

Then take two strips on dark and one light.
Cut both strips at 1 1/2" x 8"
 The darker material have 5 squares 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 and the lighter has 4 squares, the same size. 
Sew these pieces together matching the diagram. Your block should be 6" x 6".





Post a Comment