Pages

About Me

My photo

My name is Sally Johnson and I adore quilting... I have lived on Cape Cod since 1974 and I am married and have two sons...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weekly Organizational Tip #5

Welcome Quilters and Crafters:

I would like to share with you once again my ideas that I get from a group of people on Talkin' Tuesday Tweetchat. I found these people on Twitter and they are so fun to chat with... The ideas I get are fantastic...

I am sharing with you the idea of what to do with left over thread... One of the women I chat with is Kitty Pearl from (RoadHome Quilting) and her thought of the week is when you have finished piecing a quilt take the bobbin and save it to create a paper piecing quilt. Her thought was that you could use the English paper piecing technique and make a Hexy Quilt. Thank you Kitty for this tip. This tip is fanastic...   Not only can you use thread that you otherwise would place in a draw for another rainy day, or maybe forget about it, but to use it to creat a quilt is awesome. Waste Not Want Not!

I use my left over bobbin to blind stitch my binding for my quilts. Most times my thread matches and it makes it easier for me to bring a small bobbin of thread with me as I usually buy spools of thread in bulk and they are very large and take up too much space. 

Though this is not an organizational tip it is a great way not to waste thread that otherwise could be quite costly...

Being organized is not for everyone. We always make suggestions to organize our lives. New Years Resolutions, and Goals for the month are great but lets face it not everything we do for ourselves is good for anyone else. The idea and goal must be good for you and only you. I love to share my ideas and tips with all of you and if there is something here that  you don't see and want information on please leave a comment, with email so I can respond back to you. I would love to do the leg work of getting information for you and to share with others... I also invite you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and to follow my blog. You comments, advice and ideas are all welcome. I look forward to hearing from all my fellow quilters...
If you are piecing a Hexy Quilt, this make for easy travel as well for those times you go away and need extra space in your luggage for those purchases from the quilt store (hint, hint)...
Post a Comment