So I emailed a picture of the design I made on my computer of what I envisioned the table runner to look like. Mind you there have been alterations to the design. Here is the design.
I did however take the corner blocks out because after putting them in I just didn't like the look. So here is the steps to me making this table runner, I hope you enjoy...
First I got my Foundation Paper out and printed the design on it I use Stabilizer Paper by George Siciliano at www.georgesiciliano.com This paper can be printed on torn away after you are finished constructing your block or you can leave it in for more stability.
Before I do that I take my fabric and I prewash it and hang dry, then after it is dried I spray with Maryellen's Best Press and crinkle it up:
After I iron it I take my printed page and look at the shapes and cut shapes out that will cover the area for each piece.
3)Take your paper and place with the printed part face down. Then take your first piece of fabric and place it on your template labeled in this project A1 right side up and then take A2 and lay it on top wrong side up and pin together.
As shown above turn the piece with printed side facing up and sew on the line between A1 and A2. Making sure you have a 1/4" seam allowance. See below:
Then you continue going in order of the numbers on the template and making sure all of you areas are covered completely. In Foundation Paper Piecing there is a bit of waste, however you can eliminate some of the waste if you use the technique I showed in Step 2.
Your finished piece for part one looks like this.
Even though I have a strip of fabric for the first set of borders the two separate blocks sewn together look like the photo above. You can then add borders to add dimension to the table runner. See photos below:
Here is the table runner with border #1 on it. And the photo below is the finished table runner top. I pieced this table runner with Aurifil Mako 50wt #2024 (White).
I quilted this with Aurifil Mako 50wt #3910 (Pale Yellow) and this was used in Stitch in the ditch.
The outside border was quilted with Aurifil Mako 50wt #2715 (Pale Blue). and I hand stitched the binding using Aurifil Mako 50wt #2920 to match the binding.
I want to take this opportunity to thank Nell Timmer and her crew from Windham for providing me with this beautiful fabric and for allowing me to participate in such a great project. They are the best!!! Check out Windham's website out at www.windhamfabric.com and check out all the luscious fabric they have. And I want to thank Aurifil for the great thread they have. Alex you and your crew rock!!!!!Like my facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/SallysQuiltingCorner